When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party sites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy, then this policy applies.
Information About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information that may identify you personally, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"). We may also collect information about you that does not identify you individually, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site, and Site usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. We may also collect information from you automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information we collect automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies (including cookies used by third parties).
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us when using our Site, including information that you provide by filling out forms on our Site, contacting us for information about our services and business, and/or contacting us for employment.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier or information from the computer or device you use to access the Site, including the browser type, device type, operating system, software version, hardware model, mobile network information, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site.
- Usage Information. We also may collect information about your use of the Site, including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, and other sites that you may visit.
- Location. We collect general information about where traffic and purchases on our site are coming from around the world. This is used at an aggregate level to create reports to better understand our engagement with users.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information (i) to present our Site and its contents to you (ii) to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us (iii) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it (iv) to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it (v) to respond to your inquiries and communicate with you when necessary (vi) to protect the security or integrity of the Site, such as by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users (vii) for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information for commercial purposes, such as:
- To enhance your online browsing experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information, or otherwise with your consent.
- we are legally obliged to process it;
- we need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or services you have requested;
- you have consented to such processing; and/or
- we have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; direct marketing; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and personalization of the services.
Information We Share
We may share the information we collect from and about you as described below.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers that provide business, professional, marketing, analytics, or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Site, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Legal Obligations; Safety: We may access and disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations, or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law. We may disclose your information to protect the security of our Site, servers, network systems, and databases. We also may disclose your information as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of the rights of any third party, or any other legal obligation or contract for the use of the Site or of our products and services.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your personal data with our professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Cookie Management. To learn more about the cookies in use on our Site or to exercise your preferences for the Site, use our cookie preference tool found by clicking “Cookie settings” in our website footer. You may also adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. In some cases, our Site may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all Internet browsers.
- Promotional Offers from Quindar. Quindar may engage in promotional activities using personal information from visitors from time to time. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by Quindar to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request corrections to, or deletion of, any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may take advantage of the following rights:
- Right to Know: If you are a California resident, you may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and/or the specific pieces of personal information that we collect, use, disclose, and may sell. We will respond to your request within 45 days unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
- Right to Delete: Subject to certain exceptions, you may request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. There are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Shine the Light: You may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Opt-Out: As described below, we share personal information with certain third parties, including to enable personalized advertising on the Site. You may request to opt out of these “sales” (as defined by California law) of personal information at any time by emailing email@example.com.
To make a request, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send a written request, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
We may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your requests to know or delete your personal information by asking questions about your interactions with us.
You have the right to use an authorized agent to submit your requests. Please direct your agent reach out by email at email@example.com. Authorized agents must submit proof of the consumer’s signed authorization to make a request. We may require you to verify your identity directly with us prior to fulfilling your authorized agent’s request.
If you exercise any of the foregoing rights, we will not discriminate against you, including by denying access to our products or services or restricting your access to products or services of a certain quality or price level.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Quindar Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on or through our Site.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from you. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Please note that the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Get started this week
Start to design and simulate your mission while your competition is busy building it from the ground up.Learn more